Friday 1 June 2012

Bethanys eczema

 When Bethany was year and 5 months we noticed something very different about the way she used to look. Her skin was all dry and itchy and she scratched herself until she pored with blood and was covered in scars all over her face but her face i may say was the worst. It was such a horrible thing seeing my daughter, my precious angel in so much pain and agitated due to the state of her skin. she couldn't even look at herself in the mirror and people would stop and stare and shout abuse at her. one man went past her and shouted " what a retard children like that shouldn't be on this planet" and a lot of other horrible things. It broke my heart for her and at this point we only thought it was plain eczema. i took her to the doctors who refereed me to her local dermatologist and they gave me some creams, including steroid creams and antibiotics to clear the infection and piriton to stop her being so itchy but it really wasn't working. I decided to keep a diary of all her flare ups and the days she was bad and see if any of the days had anything in common.

No comments:

Post a Comment